The allele code list in numerical order is provided in a variety of formats:
HTML Format (.html)
This format is recommended if you simply want to view the allele code list online.
Text Format (.txt)
Download a zip compressed file. Once extracted, the text file will be called "numeric.txt."
To import this text file into Excel:
- Open Excel. Open the text file "numeric.txt".
- Choose "delimited" as the file type.
- Choose "tabs" as the delimiter.
- There are four columns. It is very important to select each one and set the column data format to text.
- Change the font, column width and page size to accommodate the text.
- Should you export this file from Excel (e.g., to a database), please note that the first row will be a header and may be discarded.
Portable Document Format (.pdf)
This format is recommended for printing.
NOTE: Due to the size of the PDF file, problems may be encountered when downloading. If the file opens directly into your browser, please wait until the download is complete before scrolling through the file, otherwise the program may lock up. A second option would be to right click on the link, select "Save Link As..." and then choose the location where you would like the file to be saved. Once the download is complete, double click on the file to launch the Adobe®Reader® program.
Note: To view PDF documents you will need Adobe Reader.